Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hidden Smileys in Gmail Chat



Almost all of us know the regular gmail chat emoticons, however, there are a few other undocumented smileys that you can use to impress your friends. Below I'm listing all the hidden smileys that I have discovered so far. Just type the appropriate combination of keys in chat box and press enter to display them .

Key
Meaning
Classic
Round
Square
:(|)
Monkey
\m/
Rock
V.v.V
Crab
}:-)
Devil
>.<
Wince
:(:)
Pig
 
~@~
Poop
</3
Broken Heart
:{
Mustache
[:|]
Robot
robot
robot
robot














Thanks to Deen for his contribution. If I missed something, do let me know in comments.

Also check :

Bonus Tips :
  • Bold Text - To write in bold, use asterix before and after the text, like *this is bold*
  • Italic Text - To format text in italics, use underscore before an after the text, like _Text in Italics_  
  • Underlined Text - Using minus sign before and after the text results in underlined text, like -Underlined Text- 
  • The command /me [expression or statement] results in italicized "[your name] [expression or statement]". So, "/me is awesome!" = "Agni is awesome!"  as you can see below

16 comments:

  1. Oh, this is really cool! I think, though, you should update it or so.

    The "Underlined Text" thing became crossed out. For example, if you do this:
    -testing-
    It actually becomes this:
    ̶t̶̶e̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Amelia : Tried it just now and its working. Are you sure you are typing it right? Copy paste the following snippet in the chat-box and let me know if its working for you or not :

      -Hi I am Amelia Wingfield-

      Delete
  2. I made up one....Santy Clause just in time for Christmas!

    o<||:-{ )

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~=[,,_,,]:3 Nyan Cat(It really works)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi people i just found a new one
    \m/ - radio

    ReplyDelete
  5. :* is an in love smiley (hearts as eyes or red lips, depending on if you're on classic, round, or square) I don't know if it's new for Valentine's day, but I'm assuming it was there all along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~@~ makes a poop and +/'\ makes a bell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!!!
    I hope you have more information about this post.. So, Please share me.. Thanks..
    More info:- Gmail Help

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only will be your account recovered quickly and easily be but you will be provided with beneficial tips and suggestions so that you do not get into any kind of security related issues in future. Gmail Support Number

    ReplyDelete
  9. How this smiles work happens by simply entering this keys & then press enter.
    I does it .but it wont works .so what can i do

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated. We will try to reply to your queries as soon as time allows.