YouTube, the most popular video website doesn’t provide any mechanism to download videos directly from their site. Though there are numerous free softwares and browser plugins available that you can use to download videos from YouTube, today I will show you the simplest solution for downloading YouTube videos in any quality without the need of any additional software.
1. Open the YouTube video which you want to download.
2. Replace "youtube" with "savemedia" on the address bar of your browser.
For example, if the URL of the original YouTube video is
Then add the word "save" between the www. and the youtube section, so as the URL looks like this:
3. Hit Enter and the page will reload with the SaveYouTube website.
4. A warning box may pop-up. Select "Run". Don't worry, its just a Java Applet to convert the video to a downloadable format. Its perfectly safe and will not install any software.
5. A list of download links will appear. Right-click on the format you want and select "Save As..." to start your download.
Also Check :
- Try YouTube's New Homepage NOW
- Try YouTube's New Design “Cosmic Panda” NOW
- Block Websites in Windows WITHOUT using any Software